According to medical research, this is what we know about walking. Walking...
- is the best form of exercise for a human.
- supports weight loss and weight maintenance.
- reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- fends off diabetes by improving the body's ability to use insulin.
- eases the pain and stiffness associated with arthritis.
- helps reduce the risk of many cancers.
- helps to improve sleep.
- builds strength, flexibility and stamina.
- greatly reduces anxiety.
- is just as effective in fighting depression as Zoloft.
- increases blood flow, which makes the brain function at a higher level.
- If sitting in front of a computer is replaced by walking at only 1 mph, an average person would increase their calorie burn by 100 calories per hour, according to a study conducted at the Mayo Clinic.
- Based on a study at the Mayo Clinic in 2007, if office workers are given the opportunity to walk while they work, the majority would rather walk than sit.
"I've been using the TreadDesk for quite some time now and I can't say enough good things about it! The tread itself is quiet, responsive, compact, and sturdy. Working while standing up and walking has been an easy adjustment, and my base speed has increased steadily. I'm a college professor, and have spent the last twenty years sitting at my desk. I set up my computer at my TreadDesk so that when I'm working on it I'm standing or walking. I really wish I had this arrangement from the very beginning. I can't imagine ever going back!"