The Original Tread
The Tread is the heart of the TreadDesk system and its features are as follows:
- Belt dimensions: 18" x 48"
- Dimensions: 59" x 24" x 4.5"
- Total weight: 95 lbs out of box
- Motor: 2 hp 90 volt
- Speed range: 0.5 - 4.0 mph.
- Pulls 3-6 amps depending on speed and load
- Emergency shut off
- Soft cushioned walking deck
- 4 adjustable rubber feet underneath
- Casters on the front end for easy moving
- "Soft Start" and "Soft Stop"
- Weight limit for user is 325 lbs.
- Rated at 8 hours of daily use
- Includes a rubber treadmill mat and bottle of lubricant for the belt
- No ANNOYING BEEPING every time you press a button
- Unit price is $995.
Our proprietary control panel sits on top of the desk and is attached to the Tread with a six foot long wire/cable. The control panel keeps track of distance, time, speed and calories burned. It also comes with an emergency shut off cord which should always be worn when using the TreadDesk. A bottle of lubricant for the belt and a rubber treadmill mat are also included with the purchase of each Tread.
Unlike all other treadmills on the market today that "BEEP" every time you change the speed or press any button, the Original Tread is silent when a button is pressed which when working in an office setting is very important.
In order to be as productive as possible, the speed is very important. The Tread will start at 0.5 mph with a maximum speed of 4.0 mph. Most TreadDesk customers find that walking between 1.0 - 2.0 mph is an ideal speed that allows them to continue doing most everything they would normally do when sitting down. Once you start walking faster than 2.0 mph, most users find that their typing starts to slow down and talking on the phone becomes more difficult.
If you would like a cardio workout, walking at a 4.0 mph pace will give you that, but do not expect to get any typing done at this speed. For safety reasons, we have limited the speed of the Tread to 4 mph.
There is very little assembly required - you simply plug the control panel which sits on top of your desk into the Tread, plug the power cord into an outlet and you are up and walking in just minutes.
"The TreadDesk is indeed an idea whose time has come. I love it".