Grand Opening: My New Treadmill Desk!
As promised, the definitive post about my new treadmill desk!
I finally got the desk pieces delivered Tuesday, though I got the treadmill piece quite a while ago. So now I’m all assembled and rocking along. In fact, I’m walking on the treadmill as I write this!
So, I did not go with the cheapie option. Fair warning. There are some great blog posts out there about how to make your own treadmill desk, or how to jury-rig your existing treadmill so you can type while walking. I considered those options but ultimately discarded them. This is why:
- As you can see, I have a small space. If I did one of the less expensive all-in-one treadmill desks, it would be in addition to my regular desk, and I didn’t want to sacrifice the room.
- I like being able to look out my window and enjoy the view. There’s not enough window for both kinds of desk.
- I didn’t already have a treadmill to jury-rig.
- I’m at my desk about 11 hours a day, sometimes more. I do the the day job from home. So, on top of the writing career, I’m at my desk a good chunk of the time.
- I wanted a good, long-term solution that would fit my life aesthetically and ergonomically.
- For me, this is a health investment. I’d rather spend the money on this now than on health care in the future.
- It’s tax-deductible, too.
So, being who I am, I did a lot of online shopping and cross-comparisons.
I ended up buying the treadmill itself here. I like that it’s small, highly rated and has a control panel that sits up on the desk. They also sell adjustable height desks, but I found a better deal on the desk elsewhere. My big thing is I wanted this, too.
Read the rest of the article here!
"My quality of office life is improving every day when I use my TreadDesk! Thank you for making such a beneficial product."